NQF Exit Level 8
The programme is designed to provide the student with an understanding and working application of the principles essential to the effective management of organizations. The purpose of the programme is to broaden students’ knowledge on management so as to develop a thorough understanding of management theory as well as the skills required to deal with the challenges experienced in managing organisations. Relevant and practical methodologies are emphasized, particularly for use within the African context, thus enabling students to enter the work context to effect positive change. Students are further equipped with analytical and reflective skills, and are placed in a position to develop competencies and skills that facilitate life-long learning.
Organizations increasingly find that they must rely on effective management, or networks, to compete in the global market and networked economy. Many different roles and careers in Management are linked to this qualification. The programme addresses the problem of the national shortage of qualified personnel. Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Management is of special interest to the working professional in business and private organizations. The Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Management will provide access to higher postgraduate education to persons wanting to consolidate their careers in these fields of commerce and industry. The programme will also serve as a bridging programme to the Masters of Commerce in related Management fields. The access to higher education could have a significant positive influence on the ability of managers to become successful business leaders in different fields and to make positive contributions to the economies of their countries.
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree
- Attained a level of competence as defined in Rule GR7(b) in the Handbook;
- Selection Programme- the School may prescribe further criteria.
- Management Consultant
- Public Relations Manager
- General Manager
- Research Methodology MGNT7RE
- Management Research Project MGNT700
- Corporate Strategy MGNT7AP
- Special Topics in Advanced Business Studies MGNT7BP
- Entrepreneurship and Economic Development ENTR7AO
Electives: A minimum of 2 modules from the Discipline
- Advanced Global Business MGNT7VO
- Project Management MGNT7PR
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and venture creation ENTR7BO
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development ENTR7CO