To prepare students for research based postgraduate study. Following a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems & Technology, it serves to consolidate and deepen students’ expertise in Information Systems & Technology. To develop research capacity in the methodology and techniques of IS & T. To provide opportunities for high-level theoretical engagements and intellectual independence in the field of IST & T. To prepare professionals implement, maintain, operate, and manage an organization’s information technology (IT) systems. This programme is concerned with the systems and technologies used in and by companies.
The programme provides one with advanced knowledge and practical skills in seven modules with a strong emphasis on information systems’ design. Additionally, it provides the platform to develop skills that are crucial for the workplace and for management such as critical, analytical and independent thinking, meeting deadlines, perseverance and adaptability, working in groups and communicating effectively. With a global shortage of skilled people in information and communications technology, studying Information Systems will equip one to develop creative and innovative solutions to problems in government, businesses and non-profit organisations.
- An appropriate Bachelor’s degree;
- Attained a level of competence as defined in Rule GR7(b) in the Handbook;
- Selection Programme- the School may prescribe further criteria.
- Business Analyst
- Software Architect
- Software Engineer
- Enterprise Resource Planning Specialist
- Project Manager
- IS/IT Auditor
- Systems Analyst
- Information Architect
- Research Methodology in IS&T ISTN7RM(16cr)
- Software Engineering-Management Perspective ISTN713 (16cr)
- Information Systems & Technology Research Paper ISTN7RP (32cr)
- Managing Information Systems ISTN721 (16cr)
- Security for Information Systems ISTN721 (16cr)
- Mobile & Personal Information Systems ISTN7MP (16cr)
- Information Systems Planning ISTN722 (16cr)
- Special Topics in Information Systems ISTN731 (16cr)
- Human Computer Interaction ISTN718 (16cr)
- Computer Mediated Communication ISTN730 (16cr)