- Students are required to complete a set of six modules from the prescribed list of modules, and to complete a dissertation. Although all modules are presented after hours, it is possible to register as a full-time or a part-time student.
Full-time students may register for three modules each semester and may complete their degrees in one year, while part-time students will be allowed to register for two modules each semester and may complete their degrees in two years.
Attendance at seminars is compulsory.
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Labour Economics
- Advanced Labour Law
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- International Human Resource Management
- One elective module approved by the Head of School
- Research Dissertation
Applicants must be in possession of a BCom Honours degree or a Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial Relations or Human Resources or equivalent with the basic entrance requirement being a minimum overall average of 60%.
- 15th December for the first semester of the ensuing year
- 30 June for the second semester of the current year.
Tel: +27 (0) 31 260 7013
Not offered on the Pietermaritzburg campus
Note: The programmes offered are subject to student enrolments.