Telephone: 031 260 7801
Building & Room: Block M – Room M1-208, 2nd floor
Discipline: Management and Entrepreneurship
Andrisha Beharry Ramraj holds a PhD in Management studies majoring in management, leadership and governance. Further to this she hold a Diploma in Higher Education (UKZN). In 2004 and 2005 she received NRF scholarships to complete her Honors and Masters degrees respectively. She has presented at local and international conference in the areas of Management, Leadership and Entrepreneurship. She has published in the fields of Entrepreneurship and Business, and has successfully written two book chapters. She received best presentation awards two years in a row (2016 and 2017 respectively). She serves on the Teaching and Learning committee within the University and is currently the BBA Programme Manager (SFTP). Having realised her desire for higher education, Dr Beharry serves as an expert advisor for the Student Society of Entrepreneurship (CAVE) based at UKZN. Further to this she now shares her expertise as a research expert for the Center of Entrepreneurship. She is keen on undergraduate curriculum transformation within the discipline of Entrepreneurship. Redesigning curricular to suite the dynamics of the modern world enabling sustainability is fast becoming her new passion.
- B.Com (Law) Management (UDW)
- B.Com (Honours) Management (UKZN)
- M.Com Management and Marketing (UKZN)
- PG.Dip (Higher Education) Education (UKZN)
- PhD Management (UKZN)
Professional Bodies (Please type each entry on a new line)
- Teaching and Learning Committee
- Management and Business Governance
- Entrepreneurship (social entrepreneurship, youth entrepreneurship, women entrepreneurship , rural entrepreneurship)
- Sustainable Management
- Corporate Management
Recent Publications and Papers
- John Amolo and Andrisha Beharry-Ramraj Title: The South African women purchasing behavior and the Zero Moment of Truth. Published in Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies. (2018).
- Chancy Chaguluka, John Amolo and Andrisha Beharry-Ramraj Title: International Post Graduate Students perceptions of Service Quality. Published in the Problem and Perspectives in Management Journal. (2018).
- Liako Masupha, John Amolo and Andrisha Beharry-Ramraj Title: State Financial Assistance within Lesotho, Maseru’s Small Medium and Micro Enterprises. Public Municipal Finance Journal (2017).
- Mashau Pfano and Andrisha Beharry Title: The effect of modern office technology on management performance: Durban Westville. Problems and Perspectives in Management, Volume 14, Issue 2, 2016.
- John Amolo and Andrisha Beharry-Ramraj Title: Unplanned Obsolescence: Consumers attitudes and perceptions of lifestyle brands in Durban, South Africa. Problems and Perspectives in Management, Volume 14, Issue 3, 2016. DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.21511/ppm.14(3).
- John Amolo and Andrisha Beharry-Ramraj Title: Emerging entrepreneurs and the Creative Merchantry with reference to I Heart Market in Durban-South Africa. Problems and Perspectives in Management, Volume 13, Issue 3, 2015.
- Andrisha Beharry Ramraj and John Amolo Chapter Published by IGI Global Title: Leadership across Globe Contemporary Multicultural Orientations and Practices for Global Leadership (2019). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. doi:10.4018/978-1-5225-6286-3.
- Andrisha Beharry Ramraj Chapter Published by IGI Global Title: Business Strategies Creating Value for Social Entrepreneurs (2015). BN13: 9781466687486|ISBN10: 1466687487|EISBN13: 9781466687493|DOI: 10.4018/978-1-4666-8748-6 Indexed In: SCOPUS