Tel: 031 260 3525
Building & Room: M Block – Room M1-7, Ground Floor
Discipline: Information Systems and Technology
I am an Associate Professor in Information Systems & Technology at the University of KwaZulu-Natal for the past 16 years. Prior to that, I was employed at the Durban University of Technology at the rank of Associate Director in the Department of Computer Studies. I have been employed in the higher education sector for 31 years. I have a PhD in Information Systems obtained from the University of South Africa. The subjects I lectured over the years included Information Systems & Technology for Business, Systems Analysis and Design, Advanced Systems Analysis and Design, Databases, Database Management, Project Management, Software Engineering and Human Computer Interaction.
I have published articles/chapters in Alternation, the South African Computer Journal, the Journal of Contemporary Management and IGI Global. I have co-authored/presented research articles in various conferences, namely Southern African Computer Lecturers’ Association (SACLA) conference, Annual Conference on World Wide Web Applications, International Conference on e-Learning, International Conference on Society and Information Technologies, Business Management Conference (BMC), Conference of the South African Institute of Computer Scientists and Information Technologists (SAICSIT) and the European Conference on Social Media. I am a member of the International Federation for Information Processing (IFIP). My research interests include eLearning, big data and internet of things, (IOTs) software engineering, information security, human-computer interaction and adoption of information technology.
- PhD (Information Systems)
- Univerity Higher Diploma in Education (UHDE)
- Big Data and Internet of Things
- Software engineering
- Information security
- Human-computer interaction
- Information technology adoption
- Technologies for the Fourth Industrial revolution
Recent Publications and Papers
- Padayachee, I. & John Mukomana, J. 2019. “Factors influencing Port Terminal Automation in the Fourth Industrial Revolution: A case study of Durban. Chapter in book: Responsible, Sustainable, and Globally Aware Management in the Fourth Industrial Revolution. IGI Global.
- International Conference on e-Learning. The Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Cape Town. South Africa. 5-6 July 2018, pp 413- 422. e-Book ISBN: 978-1-911218-91-3 . Print ISBN: 978-1-911218-90-6. Print ISSN: 2048-8882 .Published by Academic Conferences and Publishing International Limited Reading UK . 44-118-972-4148 www.academic-conferences.org Somers, N & Padayachee, I. 2018. Perceptions on the use of Social Media to Facilitate Learning. Proceedings of the 13the
- Motala, I. & Padayachee, I. 2018. Readiness to Adopt the Internet of Things at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. Proceedings of the 13the International Conference on e-Learning. The Cape Peninsula University of Technology. Cape Town. South Africa. 5-6 July 2018, pp 413- 422. e-Book ISBN: 978-1-911218-91-3 . Print ISBN: 978-1-911218-90-6. Print ISSN: 2048-8882 .Published by Academic Conferences and Publishing International Limited Reading UK . 44-118-972-4148 www.academic-conferences.org. pp 256-268
- Lackram, J. & Padayachee, I. 2018. Social engineering in information security breaches and the factors that explain its success: An organisational perspective. Chapter in book: “Preserving Information and Cyber Security in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.” IGI Global.
- Padayachee, I. 2017. Educator Perceptions of Virtual Learning System Quality Characteristics. South African Computer Journal. Vol 29, No 3, p. 96-126, December 2017.