Telephone: 033 260 5643
Building & Room: Post Graduate Centre , G17 Ground Floor
Discipline: Information Systems and Technology
I, Dr Prabhakar Rontala Subramaniam currently working as Lecturer in Information Systems & Technology, School of Management IT and Governance since August 2009. I also have experience of working for about 16 years in India and Ethiopia, all summing up to a total experience of more than 25 years in the institutions of higher learning. In each country, I have gained immense experience working with culturally diverse student and staff community.
I possess a Doctorate degree (Ph.D.) in Computer Science; Master degree (M.Sc.) in Computer Science, another Master degree (M.Phil.) specialized in Computer Science, and undergraduate degree in Computer Technology (B.Sc.).
I have a passion for teaching and it is something that I do undertake as an important aspect in my life. I do believe on the fact that an effective teaching is possible only by a life-long learner. My approach is to transfer the knowledge with passion and enthusiasm, and inspire the students to be part of it and create in them the wish to learn. This is my ultimate objective in teaching which I am refining year by year. After 25 years of teaching in different countries, I still believe that the role of a lecturer is to deliver the lectures, which should be understandable by different knowledge groups in the class; assist students to understand difficult concepts by provoking them ask questions in the class; and ensure that the student who pass the module is adequately knowledgeable. My ability to achieve these objectives has improved over the time.
My passion and experience in different countries has shaped by professional career, increased my ability to work with diverse community and to handle students in different capacity.
- Member, IEEE Computer Society
- Big Data
- Soft Computing Techniques
- Smart Applications
- Mobile Technologies
Recent Publications and Papers
- Lizzy Oluwatoyin Ofusori, Ncamiso Nkululeko Jahalenkhosi Dlamini & Prabhakar Rontala Subramaniam (2018). Optimized Three Dimensional Security Framework to Mitigate Risks Arising from BYOD Enabled Business Environment . In Ziska Fields, Handbook of Research on Information and Cyber Security in the Fourth Industrial Revolution (pp.205-233). IGI Global.
- Chitra Venugopal & Prabhakar Rontala Subramaniam (2017). The maximum power point tracking using fuzzy logic algorithm for DC Motor based conveyor system. In Arunkumar Sangaiah, Ajith Abraham, Patrick Siarry, & Michael Sheng (Eds), Intelligent Decision Support Systems for Sustainable Computing (pp. 115-138). Springer.
- Chitra Venugopal, Prabhakar Rontala Subramaniam & Mathew Habyarimana (2017). A Fuzzy based power switching selection for residential application to beat peak time power demand. In Arunkumar Sangaiah, Ajith Abraham, Patrick Siarry, & Michael Sheng (Eds), Intelligent Decision Support Systems for Sustainable Computing (pp. 165-177). Springer.
- Arunkumar Sangiah, Jagadeesh Gopal, Anirban Basu & Prabhakar Rontala Subramaniam (2017). An Integrated Fuzzy DEMATEL, TOPSIS, and ELECTRE Approach for Evaluating Knowledge Transfer Effectiveness with Reference To GSD project Outcome. Neural Computing and Applications, 28 (1), 111-123. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00521-015-2040-7
- Prabhakar Rontala Subramaniam (2016). An adaptive fuzzy based service oriented approach with QoS support for Vehicular Ad hoc networks. In Arunkumar Sangaiah, Xiao-Zhi Gao, & Ajith Abraham (Eds), Handbook of Research on Fuzzy and Rough Set Theory in Organisational Decision Making (pp.137-176). IGI Global.