Telephone: 031 260 8148
Building & Room: M Blok, M2 212
Discipline: Management and Entrepreneurship
Multi award-winning academic professional, acting as Convener for Department of Higher Education and Training in South Africa to develop academic entrepreneurship in South-Africa through the Education Development in Higher Education programme’s Community of Practice for academic entrepreneurship(www.theavander.com). Founder of SHAPE (Shifting Hope, Activating Potential Entrepreneurship) which was awarded as Best Youth Development Organization in KZN (www.shapentrepreneurs.com). She acts as International Director of Paddle for the Planet, the former official flagship project of the International Olympics Committee (www.paddlefortheplanet.org). Dr van der Westhuizen has over 20 years of international work experience in the corporate and academic sectors. High profile collaborations with Ambassadors, Municipality Managers, Sheikhs as well as CEOs of multi-national companies all forms part of her portfolio. She resides in the School of Management information Technology and Governance, Discipline of Management and Entrepreneurship at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa.
- PhD (Leadership) UKZN
- M.Com North-West University
- ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8795-4023
- Research Gate Profile https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Thea_Van_Der_Westhuizen
- Google Scholar Profile: https://scholar.google.co.za/citations?hl=en&authuser=1&user=60i1BogAAAAJ
- van der Westhuizen, T. and Goyayi, M.J., 2019. The influence of technology on entrepreneurial self-efficacy development for online business start-up in developing nations. The International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation. https://doi.org/10.1177/1465750319889224
- van der Westhuizen, T., 2019, June. Action! Methods to Develop Entrepreneurship. In 18th European Conference on Research Methodology for Business and Management Studies (p. 331).
- Van Der Westhuizen, T., 2018, March. Open heart, open mind and open will in transformative individual entrepreneurial orientation pedagogies. In ICIE 2018 6th International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship: ICIE 2018 (p. 443). Academic Conferences and publishing limited.
- van der Westhuizen, T. 2017. The use of Theory U and Individual Entrepreneurial Orientation to increase Low Youth Entrepreneurship in South Africa. Journal of Contemporary Management 14: 531 – 553. DHET accredited | ISSN 1815- 7440