Ms Lindiwe Kunene
Telephone: 031 260 7152
Building & Room: M Block, M1-113 1st floor
Discipline: Management and Entrepreneurship
Lindiwe Kunene is an academic at the University of KwaZulu-Natal. She holds a Master’s Degree in Commerce from UKZN and is currently reading for her PhD. Ms Kunene, popularly known as Malindi, is within the Discipline of Management and Entrepreneurship. This is where she lectures and does research in Small, Medium, Micro Enterprises (SMMEs), Entrepreneurship, Business strategy and Innovation strategy. She has published her research both nationally and internationally. Ms Kunene, mentors entrepreneurs at different stages of their ventures. She has specifically assisted and continues to assist entrepreneurs within the Enterprise Supplier Development space, which forms part of the countries BBBEE legislation. Currently she serves as a Convener for Students’ Entrepreneurship Development at EDHE (DoHET) which is a national initiative in Higher Education. She serves on the Board and is Chair for KUMISA, an NGO on economic development of the music industry in KZN. She also serves on the Board of the P.E.A.C.E Foundation Trust an NGO that promotes Rural Economic Development, Elephants, Rhinos and People programmes. She is also part of UKZN’s Discovery Medical Aid Scheme Board of Trustees.
- MComm (Management & Entrepreneurship)
- BComHons (Marketing)
- BSocSci(Marketing & Management)
- SMME Development
- Technology/Innovation Strategy
- Development economics & Entrepreneurship
- African business environment.
Recent Publications and Papers
- Mthembu, P.S., Kunene, L.N. & Mbhele T.P. (2018). Barriers to E-commerce adoption in African countries. A qualitative insight from Company Z. Journal of Contemporary Management. Volume 15: Special Edition: Fourth Industrial Revolution
- Machi, S.P. & Kunene, L.N. (2018). Use of Ubuntu Principles of Management to Successfully Operate Informal Entrepreneurial Businesses in uMlazi Township (South Africa). 6th International Conference on Innovation and Entrepreneurship. University of the District of Columbia Washington D.C. 5-6 March.
- Kunene, L.N. & Fields, L.N (2017). Youth Entrepreneurship Learning Challenges. 1st International Conference on Entrepreneurship Development. Free State.
- Kunene, L.N & Phiri, M.A (2017). Brand Naming Behaviour Defining SMMEs in eThekwini. Journal of Economics and Behavioural Studies. Vol 9(4). P6-16.
- Somhlahlo, N., Mbhele, T.P & Kunene, L.N (2016) Antecedents of Agrarian Cooperative Growth Prospects within the Social Capital Networks. Environmental Economics Vol 7.