Telephone: 031 260 7047
Building & Room: M Block – M126, 1st Floor
Discipline: Human Resource Management
Professor Isabel is a career academic having spent 3 decades in Higher Education. During her career, Isabel has held several roles, including managerial posts.
Professor Isabel has authored and co-authored 24 refereed journal papers, with over 87 research outputs in total. Additionally, Isabel has authored and co-authored 20 book chapters.
Professor Isabel is an Associate Editor on several International Peer-reviewed Journals, namely, Journal of Knowledge Management, International Journal of e-Collaboration, International Journal of Sociotechnology and Knowledge Development (IJSKD) among other Journals; Reviewer for Academy of Management Annual Meetings, Reviewer of European Association of Management EURAM among other International Indexed Conferences.
Professor Isabel has supervised 66 students at Masters (MSc, MBA, M Com) and PhD to completion in 5 different Universities in five countries.
External Examining and Validation:
Professor Isabel has acted in a variety of roles as an external examiner for several institutions.
- MBA Competent Manager (OU – UK)
- PhD(University of Lisbon – Portugal)
- Certified as Professional Educational Facilitator
- Vocational Training Certificate – National Certifying Body
- PROFESSORFP (Portugal)
- Intellectual Capital Association (ICAA) Associate member
- Institute of People Management (IPM – IPMEP member)
- Eurasia Business and Economics Society (EBES)
- Public Relations Institute of South Africa (Affiliate member)
- Knowledge Management
- Organisational Learning and Learning Organisations
- Intellectual Capital – developing Human Capital and Tacit Knowledge
Recent Publications and Papers
- Ngcobo, T., Martins, A., & Martins, I. (2019). Talent management: effectively retaining a distinctive human capital pool for sustainability. In L. dall’Acqua (Ed.) Forecasting and Managing Risk in the Health and Safety Sectors (pp. 145-174). doi: 10.4018/978-1-5225-7903-8.ch007, ISBN13: 9781522579038|ISBN10: 1522579036|EISBN13: 9781522579045| DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-7903-8.
- Pereira, O., Gomes, D., Martins, A., & Martins, I. (2019). Education: instrument for socio-economic and humanizing development. In Victor, C. X. Wang (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Transdisciplinarity in Theory, Research and Practice (pp. 284-295). doi: 10.4018/978-1-5225-9531-1.ch020, ISBN13: 9781522595311|ISBN10: 1522595317|EISBN13: 9781522595328|
- Martins, A., Martins, I., & Pereira, O. (2019). Entrepreneurship and innovation: the essence of sustainable, smart and inclusive economies. In B. Thomas & L. Murphy (Eds.) Innovation and Social Capital in Organizational Ecosystems (pp. 195-218). doi: 10.4018/978-1-5225-7721-8.ch010, ISBN13: 9781522577218|ISBN10: 1522577211|EISBN13: 9781522577225|
- Martins, A., & Martins, I. (2019). Shared Leadership and team performance – the role of emotions and trust. In Victor, C. X. Wang (Ed.) Encyclopedia of Transdisciplinarity in Theory, Research and Practice (pp. 311-325). doi: 10.4018/978-1-5225-9531-1.ch022, ISBN13: 9781522595311|ISBN10: 1522595317|EISBN13: 9781522595328| DOI: 10.4018/978-1-5225-9531-1
- Martins, A., & Martins, I. (2017). Trust and emotions energise organisational performance. Eurasian Journal of Business and Management, 5 (1), 35-40. doi:10.15604/ejbm.2017.05.01.