Telephone: 033 260 5843
Building & Room:Commerce Building Room 19 1stfloor
Discipline: Marketing and Supply Chain Management
I have more than 14 years of university teaching experience at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. I have mastered the art of teaching management related modules in a cross cultural, and multi-racial environment with learners of different capabilities. My 18 years of industry work experience in the business environment and entrepreneurship helps me to blend experience with theoretical concepts in the lectures which stimulate my students and motivates them for higher performance both as students and when they join the industry. I believe I do not only teach, mentor students and colleagues but develop managers for the 21st century industry needs.
I am a self-motivated individual, who believes that, coming from humble background, I have worked hard to gain my education and vast experience in both industry and academia to participate effectively in developing managers with an African insight and perspective for the 21st century through my lectures and presentations. I have learnt to overcome challenges and strive for excellence in what I do daily even though I have come to learn over time that it is not an easy task as one meets and comes across people of different backgrounds, race and ethnicity.
- 2008: Doctor in Business Administration (University of KwaZulu – Natal), Thesis Title: Challenges and Implications of Corporate Re-Branding: The Case of Amalgamated Beverage Industries (ABI).
- 2004: Masters in Business Administration (MBA), University of KwaZulu-Natal, and Dissertation passed with Distinction.
- 1992: Bachelor of Social Science, University Of Cape Town, South Africa.
- 1981 – 1983 Diploma In Journalism, Evelyn Hone College Of Applied Arts And Commerce, Lusaka – Zambia
- 1984: Diploma in Radio Programming, Radio World Wide Training Unity – England
- Marketing – Brand Management and Consumer Behaviour
- Supply Chain management – Planning, Logistics and Innovation
- Management – Entrepreneurship (SMEs) and Project Management
Recent Publications and Papers
- Nyatsambo M & Phiri M, Mobile Marketing Strategies Adoption for Domestic Tourism Growth, in Zimbabwe’s Hospitality Sector, – International Journal of Ad Economic Research, – ISSN: 0972-9380 Vol. 14 No. 16(2017)
- Madondo C & Phiri M, Entrepreneurial ingenuity, capital, resilience and innovation: Contextual perspectives on Mvuma Micro entrepreneurship, Zimbabwe ’ – International Journal of Ad Economic Research, – ISSN: 0972-9380 Vol. 14 No. 16(2017)
- Phiri M & de Ponte J, Risks and Factors of the Consumer Relations Governance in a Cosmetic Industry, Risk Governance and Control: Financial Markets & Institutions/ Volume 7, Issue 4, Fall 2017, p 260-269.
- Phiri M & Mbengo P, Governance of the Impact of Price Satisfaction Dimensions on Mobile Banking Adoption, Risk Governance and Control: Financial Markets & Institutions/ Volume 7, Issue 4, Fall 2017, p 270 – 278
- Oppong Peter, K & Phiri M, The Influence of Packaging and Brand Equity on Over-The-Counter Herbal Medicines in Kumasi, Ghana, Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies (ISSN: 2220-6140) Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 59-72, October 2018.
- Oppong Peter, K & Phiri M, Impact of Brand Awareness and Association on Loyalty: The Role of Equity in Plant Medicine Market in Kumasi, Ghana, African Journal of Business and Economic Research (AJBER) (Online) ISSN 1750-4562 (Print) ISSN 1750-4554.
- Oppong Peter, K & Phiri M, Measuring Customer-Based Brand Equity in Traditional Herbal Medicine Market in Kumasi, Ghana, African Journal of Business and Economic Research (AJBER) (Online) ISSN 1750-4562 (Print) ISSN 1750-4554