Telephone: 033 260 6181
Building & Room: Commerce Block – 25 , 1st Floor
Discipline: Marketing and Supply Chain Management
Prof MJ Naude MCom (UKZN); DCom (Unisa) is an academic in the School of Management, IT and Governance. Her area of expertise is in Supply Chain Management (undergraduate, honours, Masters and PhD level) in the areas of purchasing, operations and logistics management.
She is an NRF rated researcher having published articles in journals and presented papers on purchasing and supply chain management, locally and abroad. She serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Contemporary Management and the Journal of Transport and Supply Chain Management. She has co-authored two books in Supply Chain Management and Purchasing & Supply Management.
She serves on the peer review panel of the Academic of Science of South Africa (ASSAF) to evaluate scholarly journals in the Economics and Business Management disciplinary group. She is also a member and Chair of the Educational Programmes Committee for the African Institute of Supply Chain Research (AISCR).
- Bachelor of Business Administration (University of Natal)
- Bachelor of Commerce Honours in Supply Chain Management (University of Natal)
- Masters in Commerce (Supply Chain Management) (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- Doctor of Commerce (Business Management) (University of South Africa)
- International Purchasing and Supply
- Education and Research Association
- Public Procurement
- Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Education
Recent Publications and Papers
- Ramchander M & Naude MJ (2018). The relationship between increasing enrolment and student academic achievement in higher education. Africa Education Review pp 1-17.
- Ramgovind, P., Ramasamy-Gurayah, J. & Naude, MJ. (2018). Blinkwater Mills, Drought, El Niño Southern Oscillating, Supply chains and Survival strategies. Journal of Contemporary Management, Vol 15 (Special Edition) 112 – 138
- Katrodia, A, Naude, MJ & Soni, S (2018). Consumer buying behaviour at shopping malls. Does Gender Matter? Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies (JEBS). Vol 10(1) pp 125-133.
- Naude, MJ & Chiweshe, N (2017) A proposed operational risk management framework for Small and Medium Enterprises. Accepted: South African Journal of Economic and Management Sciences, pp. 1-10.
- Dzuke, A & Naude, MJ (2017). Problems affecting the operational procurement process: a study of the Zimbabwean public sector. Journal of Transport and Supply Chain Management, Vol 11(1). pp1-13