Building & Room: M Block – M1-306
Sanjana Brijball Parumasur is in Industrial Psychologist and Professor at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Her publications have predominantly been in the areas of consumer behaviour, change management, organizational behaviour, organizational development and various aspects of human resource management.
She has supervised an extensive array of masters and doctoral students in the fields of human resource management/development and industrial psychology. She is the author of several textbooks and have made chapter contributions and is widely published. She serves on the Editorial Board of the International Retail and Marketing Review and the South African Journal of Industrial Psychology and reviews manuscripts for numerous local and international journals. She has presented several papers at local/international conferences.
- B.Admin (Public Finance) -B.Admin (Public Finance) -UDW
- B.Admin (Honours) (Cum Laude) -Industrial Psychology -UDW
- M.Admin (Cum Laude) -Consumer Psychology – Brand Loyalty -UDW
- D.Admin -Consumer Psychology – The prevalence and magnitude of cognitive dissonance in post-purchase evaluation -UDW
- Regd. Industrial Psychologist -Industrial Psychology -HPCSA
- Certified Neurolinguistic Practitioner (NLP)-Industrial Psychology -Interactive Dynamics
- Employee Wellness
Postgraduate courses currently teaching:
- Research Methodology
- Organisational development
- Managerial effectiveness/management development
- Consumer Psychology
- Change management and various aspects of HRM
- Ndlovu, N. & Brijball Parumasur, S. (2005). The perceived impact of downsizing and organisational transformation on survivors. South African Journal of Industrial Psychology, 31(2), 14-21.
- Zulu, P.S. & Brijball Parumasur, S. (2009). Employee perceptions of cultural diversity and workplace transformation. South African Journal of Industrial Psychology, 35(1), 49-57.
- Govender, P. & Brijball Parumasur, S. (2011). Using the Competing Values Framework to assess managerial alignment towards the organization’s vision, focus and preference for structure. Corporate Ownership and Control, 8(4), Continued 5, 499-507.
- Brijball Parumasur, S. (2012). The effect of organisational context on organisational development (OD) interventions. South African Journal of Industrial Psychology, 38(1), Art. #1017, 12 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.4102/sajip.v38i1.1017
- Govender, P. & Brijball Parumasur, S. (2012). Do not ‘hit and miss’ or ‘spray and pray’, Diagnose first. Journal of Economics and Behavioral Studies, 4(12), 677-690.
- Brijball Parumasur, S. (2008). A Contextual Organisation Development: Multicultural, Multinational and International. Chapter 16 In Roodt, G. and Van Tonder, C. Organisation Development: Theory and Practice. Pretoria: Van Schaik Publishers. ISBN 978-0-627-02674-4 (25 pages).
- Brijball Parumasur, S. (2008). Organisational Change. Chapter 20 In Robbins, S.P., Judge, T.A., Odendaal, A. and Roodt, G. Organisational Behaviour: Global and Southern African Perspectives. ISBN 978-1-86891-853-9 (20 pages).
- Brijball Parumasur, S. & Govender, P. (2008). Developing managerial competencies and creating master managers as a vehicle for accomplishing Total Quality Management (TQM). Primary Research Article: Chapter 16 In DA Sapuan, KK Jain and MS Sandhu. Leadership in a Changing Landscape. KL, Malaysia, CERT Publications, ISBN 978-983-43710-7-4 (31 pages).
- Govender, P. & Brijball Parumasur, S. (2010). Assessing the leadership roles, leadership models and the prevailing organisational culture using the Competing Values Framework. Human Capital Management and Leadership, IBC. Fourth International Business Conference, ISBN 978-0-620-47495-5, 101-114.
- Brijball Parumasur, S. Govender, P. (2011). The Robustness of the Competing Values Framework in Signaling areas for Leadership Development and/or a Cultural Shift. The International Journal of Knowledge, Culture and Change Management, Volume 11, Illinois, USA: Common Ground Publishing, ISSN: 1447-9524, 7-23.
- Brijball Parumasur, S. (2012). The consumer decision-making process. Chapter 12 In Brijball Parumasur, S. and Roberts-Lombard, M. Consumer Behaviour. Cape Town: Juta and Company Ltd. ISBN 978-0-70218-686-8 (22 pages).
- Brijball, S. 2000. The prevalence and magnitude of cognitive dissonance in post-purchase evaluation. Presented at the Congress of Psychometrics, 7 – 9 June 2000. Society for Industrial Psychology and Psychological Association of South Africa.
- Govender, P. & Brijball Parumasur, S. (2008). Management Development: The critical competencies. Presented at the International Conference on Contemporary Business, 30 September 2008 – 2 October 2008, Cape Town.
- Govender, P. & Brijball Parumasur, S. (2010). Assessing the leadership roles, leadership models and the prevailing organizational culture in a public sector organization using the Competing Values Framework.
Presented at the 4th International Business Conference (IBC), 12-14 October 2010, Victoria Falls, Zambia.
- Brijball Parumasur, S. (2014). Business acumen: Improving HR Business Partner effectiveness. Presented at the HR Business Partner 2014 Conference, 22-23 October held in Durban. Knowledge Resources.
- Brijball Parumasur, S., & Govender, P. (2016). Exploring the relationship between workplace spirituality and organisation citizenship behaviour. Presented at the 3rd International HR Conference on Employee
Engagement, 4-5 February 2016, K.J. Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumba
- Retail and Marketing Review
- South African Journal of Industrial Psychology
- Virtus Interpress