Telephone: 031 260 7563
Building & Room: M Block 1313 , 3rd Floor
Discipline: Human Resource Management
Professor Shaun Ruggunan is an associate professor in human resources management at the University of KwaZulu-Natal, School of Management, IT and Governance. His research interests are maritime labour, sociology of professions and critical management studies.
- PhD (Industrial, organisational and Labour Studies) UKZN
- Academy of Management
- International Sociological Association
- Maritime labour
- Professions and professional work
- Critical management studies
- Management education.
Recent Publications and Papers
- Shaun Ruggunan and Herbert Kanengoni (2017) Pursuing a career at sea: an empirical profile of South Africa cadets and implications for career awareness. Maritime Policy & Management http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/03088839.2016.1275859
- Ruggunan, S & Spiller, d (2014): Critical pedagogy for teaching HRM in the context of social change. African Journal of Business Ethics. Vol 8, No 1, pp. 29-43
- Shaun D Ruggunan, Suveera Singh (2013): Sector switching among histopathologists in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa: a qualitative study. Human Resources for Health; 11(1):23. DOI:10.1186/1478-4491-11-23
- Ruggunan, S & Spiller, D (2018a). The Transformation of Business Education in Post-Apartheid South Africa. In Meeting Expectations in Management Education (pp. 11-26). Palgrave Macmillan, London.
- Ruggunan, S and Sooryamoorthy, R (2018b) Management Studies in South Africa: Exploring the Trajectory in the Apartheid era and Beyond. Palgrave-Macmillan, London.