Building & Room: Block M – Room 227
Professor Thokozani Nzimakwe is an Associate Professor in School of Management, IT and Governance at University of KwaZulu-Natal. Prior to joining the University, Professor Nzimakwe worked as a Lecturer at Mangosuthu University of Technology. He spent 14 years in the public service (in various divisions) before joining the academic world. He started his career in 1988 when he joined the Department of Health. Between 1999 and 2001 he was seconded to the Compliance Division of the KwaZulu-Natal Gambling Board.
In 2002 he was appointed as a Lecturer in the Department of Public Administration and Management at Mangosuthu University of Technology in Umlazi, Durban. In January 2007 he joined the School of Public Administration and Development Management of the University of KwaZulu-Natal. His areas of interests include Public Policy, Local Government and Service Delivery. Professor Nzimakwe has published research articles in peer reviewed journals and has presented papers at national conferences. He is a facilitator for Public Administration Leadership and Management Academy (PALAMA) project.
- Doctor of Administration (University of KwaZulu-Natal, 2005)
- M A Public Management and Governance (Potchefstroom University, 2001)
- Diploma in Road Transport (Rand Afrikaans University, 1999)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Personnel Management (University of Natal, 1996)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Industrial Relations (University of Natal, 1994)
- B Admin Hons (Political Science) (University of Zululand, 1992)
- B Admin (University of Zululand, 1988)
- South African Association of Public Administration and Management (SAAPAM)